Friday, August 8, 2008

First Legends cover


This is the first in a series of postings I am calling "A Look Back" to help fill in the back story of projects or clients I have had. This of course is the first cover I did for my friend Paul Tocco who decided it would be a good idea to publish a guide for the sports memorabilia collector in articles and price guide. We started it at his kitchen table and I even did the logo by hand. We thought it would be cool to show some of the biggest Yankees through some era's in their history whose memorabilia was very sought after. Thus the reason for including the signed baseballs. The print run was only 2500 copies and today has become a collectible in itself. In a span of 54 months I created 46 paintings of which 40 were used as the cover. I will post the last cover I did for the Tocco era and follow with some recent covers for a individual who was attempting to restart the magazine.

No comments: